For men and women alike, organising the underwear drawer can be a complex task. Most people have more pieces of underwear than space to keep them. So, we’ve come up with a few ideas to help you save time and space.
The perfect place to store your lingerie
There are various different ways to organise your underwear, but the most important thing is choosing the right place to keep it. Underwear needs to be stored in an easily accessible, clean and tidy space, where you can quickly choose the right item.
Some storage options:
- Plastic boxes: ideal for sorting and organising thongs, panties and bras, as well as socks and tights. They can be kept inside or outside your drawers.
- Boxes with dividers: these are used to create different sections inside a drawer. They’re hygienic, beautifully designed and come in a range of different geometric shapes, perfect for underwear. These boxes can be used for bras, thongs, socks and panties.
- Suitcases: these can be an amazing storage option; the interior can be split into different sections using cardboard or smaller bags. They can be stored under the bed, on top of the wardrobe, or inside it.
- Shoe racks: these are very versatile and can be used to store all kinds of underwear. Each section is the perfect size for organising bras, and it can be installed behind the door or inside your wardrobe.
- PVC tubes: these can be cut and decorated to your taste; a great and effective alternative for organising your thongs, panties and socks.
- Zip-up bags: this technique keeps your underwear protected from dust and grease, and can be used to store bras, socks, panties and thongs. This storage method can be used in conjunction with boxes with dividers.
- Vertical hooks or hangers: several hangers can be joined together vertically as an alternative method for organising bras; the number of hooks can be varied according to the space available and the number of bras. They can be kept behind the door or inside the wardrobe.
Methods for folding and organising your underwear
Once you have decided where to store your underwear, the next step is organising it. Folding each piece of underwear may take a while, but it helps to keep it organised and in the right place, so it’s quick and easy to find. Here we’ve compiled a few of our favourite options:
Organising your underwear
- Fold into a square: this method is great for organising thongs and panties. It’s one of the most common methods, because it’s both simple and compact, making it perfect for drawers.
- Roll up: this technique is commonly used for traveling; it’s more compact and helps save space in your luggage.
- Roll into an egg shape: this is a folding method for those cautious people, who like to keep an emergency item in their backpack or purse.
- Fold bras in half: some bras can be folded in half and stored side by side. This depends on the size and layout of the available space.
- Lie bras flat: some bras don’t have straps and others can’t be folded in in half, we recommend you store these in drawer organisers, laid flat one behind the other, so their shape doesn’t become distorted.
- Stack bras: this is a very common method of storing bras, one cup is stacked on top of the other, and the straps and clasps are folded inside. So on and so forth with each bra, until you have a stack of whatever size you like.
Many people think that organising and arranging their underwear can make life more complicated, but the opposite is true if you know about all the best storage options and alternatives, such as drawer organisers. This way, organising your thongs and bras becomes a great way to optimise your time and space. As well as looking great, your underwear will be easy to find and stored in the correct place to help you choose whichever items you need for any occasion.