The kitchen is the most functional room in the whole house and, almost certainly, the one we use the most. As such, there are a number of utensils that we really need to have right at hand because we use them every single day. But the reality is, either we have a large kitchen with enough cabinet space (very unusual!), or figuring out how to organise all our kitchen utensils becomes a real hassle. Unfortunately, most people are faced with the latter.
We figured out that, if nothing else will fit in the cupboards and we still need the countertops free for preparing food, the only free space left is on the walls. With this in mind, a great idea for storing kitchen utensils that we need at hand, or that we simply don’t have space for anywhere else, is these wall boxes.
Why are wall boxes such a great idea for storing kitchen utensils? We’ve highlighted several reasons below:
- Installation. They attach to the wall in the simplest way possible. You don’t need to know anything about DIY, nor do you have to drill any holes. Simply clean the surface where you want to affix the box, press the bracket onto the wall and connect the box to the bracket. As simple as that! It will probably take you longer to pick the space than to install the box!
- Mobility. It wouldn’t be unusual if, after constant daily use, you were to realise that the place you chose for the wall box is not the most convenient. No problem! You can easily take it down and re-attach it to a spot that better suits your needs. And, better yet, there’ll be no unsightly holes in the wall. Being easy to install and take down also makes these boxes great for cleaning; you can easily take the box down to clean the wall and the back of the box, something that would be impossible if it were screwed to the wall. We welcome anything that simplifies cleaning! Especially in those areas that are most susceptible to dirt and grease.
- Adaptability. These boxes can be attached to any smooth or slightly porous surface. So, they can be easily affixed to all the materials usually found in the kitchen, like tile, glass, metal, granite, etc.
- Aesthetics. The clean white finish looks good in any style of kitchen, without stealing focus from any of your chosen decorative details (tiling, cupboard doors, appliances, etc.). In fact, it may even match some of your smaller appliances!
- Resistance. Made of polystyrene plastic with a waterproof guarantee, these boxes are the perfect utensil organiser for a place like the kitchen, which endures so much wear and tear. This means you can pop the utensils back in without drying them fully! They’re also resistant to splashes, steam from cooking, and the constant amount of cleaning that goes on in the kitchen.
- Endurance. The largest box supports up to 3kg. This is more than sufficient to hold your kitchen utensils. The heaviest items are also the largest, like pots, pans and appliances, which are always stored in cupboards or drawers.
- Variety. There are many different sizes to choose from, making it almost impossible not to find one that suits your needs. You can choose between different combinations of height, length and width. A tall, narrow box would be useful for wooden cutlery; wider boxes for bottles; low, long, narrow boxes for spice jars… you can use a box to store the washing up liquid and sponge, to keep it clear of the sink; and another for paper towels, which often get in the way on the countertop.
So, we can clearly see how useful boxes can be for those of us who lack space in the kitchen. But they can also be a great option for people who have plenty of room, but need storage solutions to help them organise their utensils effectively. After all, like any work place, the kitchen needs to be both functional and convenient. We can stack plates on top of each other, no problem, because we’ll always use the ones on top. But what about pots and pans? If we arrange them one inside the other, we gain space, but we lose functionality, because a lot of time and energy is wasted taking all our pans out to get to the biggest one. Therefore, it makes our lives much easier if these heavier objects don’t have to be stacked. Another example of this inconvenience is when stacking saucepans and lids. A solution we came up with is to store the saucepans in a cupboard and keep the lids in a wall box, but instead of affixing the box to the wall, it’s placed on the inside of the door. This way, everything is together but not mixed up.
Likewise, these boxes could be used as separators in large drawers, or kept on a surface, to avoid everything being jumbled up together and to save time looking for the thing you need.
Kitchen work is unavoidable and often tiring, so it’s essential to have everything well organised in the most efficient and convenient way. The best solution is one that everyone can customise according to the space they have available, as well as their tastes and needs. For this reason, these wall boxes are the perfect storage accessory. They’re versatile with many options to choose from; a truly successful choice!