The make-up table is a very special corner for which we do not need much space or furniture: a table, a chair and a mirror are more than enough. The problem comes when looking for the tools we need at every moment; if we have trouble finding them, we will need much more time to prepare, and we will probably end up making up in a hurry which does not help a good finish. However, maintaining a good organization in the make-up table is possible if we take into account these 6 ideas:
- The mirror, better on the wall. The wall mirrors are wider and do not take up space on the table; in addition, we can place light fixtures on them to see us better while we put on our make-up. Anyway, it is convenient to have a magnifying mirror, but if we already have one on the wall with a small one that we can keep and take out only when necessary it will be enough.
- Classifies make-up products by type. Before we get down to organizing our make-up table, we need to be clear about what we will need to keep. The best way to do this is to classify the products by type: creams, brushes, lipsticks, cleaners, applicators… and also by use, to know what we should have on hand.
- Make the most of the drawers. If our make-up table has a drawer, it is very likely that all our tools will end up in disarray and we will have a hard time finding the one we need. To avoid this, we will use drawer organizers or stacking boxes -if we put one box on top of the other, the one underneath should always be the one we use the least.
- At the table, everything in its place. If we don’t have a drawer, or if we have one but it is not enough to store everything we want, we will have to use the table surface. Luckily, we have different options to organize it and make it look nice: organizers only for make-up or for make-up and beauty products. We may also want to keep the jewelry in the make-up table, for which we can use organizers for make-up and jewelry, or, if we want to give a more sophisticated touch to our beauty corner: make-up and jewelry chests. And finally, our table won’t need anything else if we put a cotton dispenser.
- Order, also vertically. Whether it is because we have put the mirror on the table and have the wall free, or because the drawers and the table do not cover all our make-up products, we will take advantage of the wall. How? Very easy, by placing make-up mural organizers. They have a built-in self-adhesive support so that we can put them on any smooth or somewhat porous surface. We don’t need to drill holes in the wall or use additional material, and if we want to change its position, we just have to pull it out and reattach it to its new location.
- The brushes, better standing. Brushes are probably the make-up tool we should be most careful with. If we put them in a drawer, they can be crushed or lose their hair, which can make their use worse. Therefore, it is best to place them on the table and in compartments that allow them to stand, such as brush holder.
By following these ideas of how to organize our make-up table, we will have at hand what we need at every moment and we will also manage to keep it tidy. That way, we only have to worry about how we look.