Having a place to relax and disconnect is priceless, for summer holidays or special occasions. And if that place is near the beach, even better. An apartment or house by the sea is a peaceful space where you can reconnect with your loved ones, and all the features within it play an important role. Most of these apartments are spaces with lots of natural light, so they should be decorated accordingly. Redecorating a space doesn’t have to involve a big investment; on the contrary, it can be done using just a little imagination and creativity.
Tips for decorating on a budget
Decorating a beach house on a budget is simple. Here are some ideas:
- Restore Old Furniture: Furniture tends to deteriorate over time, but often it can be restored and given a second life. It’s much cheaper to sand, paint, cover, or even wallpaper your old furniture than to buy new pieces. You could also do this with shelves, wardrobes, countertops, stairs, railings and frames.
- Have a Garage Sale: If you’re considering redecorating your house or apartment, it makes sense to sell things that are in good condition, but that you no longer use. This is a great opportunity to make some money. You can use the money you make to decorate your home, without having to invest any of your own money.
- Simple Decoration: You don’t need to buy luxury items to decorate a house or apartment; there are lots of beautiful options on the market that can be customised, such as candles, cushions, paintings, vases, pots, photo frames, clocks and posters. Colourful candles are a fantastic idea for decorating your beach house on a budget; they look really beautiful in the home. Other ideas to add that magic touch to your décor are plants, which fill any space with a sense of peace, or glass vases in different sizes, which can be filled with sea shells and stones.
- Paint: Changing the colour of the walls is one of the easiest ways to renew the interior decoration in your beach house; the walls will look new, revitalising your home. Most importantly, you don’t need to hire a professional to get the job done.
- Mirrors: These are an excellent and interesting option for creating the feeling of more space; the light from the reflection of the mirror expands the dimensions of rooms and corridors. An old mirror can be updated in several ways, with geometric cuts or by adding decorations, which doesn’t cost a lot to do.
- Balcony or Window: If your house or apartment has a room with a direct view of the sea, this is probably your favourite space. Use a comfortable chair and a simple drinks table to perfectly decorate this space. The sun, the sea breeze, and the sound of the waves will do the rest.
Key places to decorate
When redecorating, the kitchen is one of the most important rooms to think about, as it’s usually the busiest place in the house. You don’t need a lot of money to decorate this room. Starting with the curtains, if you still like the design you currently have, we suggest you move them to a different space, to give the feeling of something new. You could also update your shelves; rearranging the order and location of your plates, cups and cutlery will breathe a breath of fresh air into the space.
Lounge and Dining Room
The lounge plays a fundamental role in the house, as it’s normally the first place people see first. In this room, you’ll find curtains, a coffee table, chairs, cushions, a lamp, and maybe the dining area. Decorating this space is very important, but you don’t need a lot of money to do so. To add a beautiful but functional feel to your lounge, why not consider boxes; a great way to create order in the room while adding a gorgeous aesthetic. They can be kept on a table or shelf, or in a cupboard. A cool, functional shelf is another key item for this room; you can use it to organise photographs, as well as decorative shells or boats.
The bedroom is the place of rest, which makes it the most important room in the house. The décor should inspire peace and tranquillity, while feeling completely comfortable to ensure you get the best possible sleep. And if it’s easy to organise, even better! Using baskets in the bedroom is a great option for adding extra storage and decoration quickly and effectively. We have many different designs and sizes available. They make the room look beautiful, clean and tidy, and, best of all, they’re really affordable.
This is undoubtedly the most visited place in the house, so it’s essential that the design and decoration is relaxing and well-balanced. Decorating a beach apartment bathroom is really very simple. Start with the towel rail; it’s easy and cheap to change, and updating it makes the whole bathroom feel new. You could also introduce new convenient and stylish soap dispensers. Everyone will think that the whole bathroom is brand new.
Is your style more modern or contemporary?
When deciding how to decorate your beach house, it’s very important to define the style and design you prefer, and then follow this guideline when choosing each accessory or functional item.
- Contemporary style is dynamic and constantly changing. It’s always looking to create more space. An open-plan kitchen-diner is contemporary; it’s super convenient and has a spacious feel. Furniture can be unique, and may be combined with natural pieces.
- Modern style has many different aspects. A modern beach house embraces simple décor, with clean, fresh accessories. The furniture is usually raised off the ground a little, to create a light, spacious feeling.
Designing and decorating is not a complicated task, all it requires is a little bit of dedication, imagination and creativity. Decorating a beach apartment for rental could be a little more complex, but this type of recreational space should inspire the same feelings of peace and relaxation as an apartment for personal use. If your aim is to create a special space, which is both peaceful and functional, you don’t need a large financial investment to do so. As long as you have the desire, flexibility and willingness, there are always affordable options available, and you can decorate a picturesque beach apartment with incredible results.